Available Key Stages and subject areas for English include:
- Key Stage 3 English (Years 7-8)
- Specialist Literacy support is available for Year 6 SATs and Key Stage 3 students
- Key Stage 4 GCSE English Language (Year 9-11)
- Key Stage 4 GCSE English Literature
- A Level Literature
- A Level Language
What do we do and how do we do it?
- We provide teacher expertise and guidance on core skills and content of reading and writing of the entire secondary English curriculum.
- Tutors work with students on an individual basis within a small group setting.
- The personalised approach to tuition is at the very heart of what we do.
- All tutors in English are either GCSE or A Level examiners so they know exactly what each student needs to know and do for exam success.
- All tutors are practicing teachers working in local school(s), are DBS checked and hold Qualified Teacher Status.
- Sessions are individually planned noting areas of strength and areas for development each and every week.
- High quality resources are provided for each lesson and will vary in form and content to promote engagement and rapid progress.
- Regular assessments are specifically targeted towards Key Stage 3 and/or GCSE specifications with immediate feedback provided every time they are completed.
- Homework and/or revision tasks accompany each lesson plan
- We inspire, motivate and enhance outcomes for all our Smart Star students by providing engaging, purposeful and inspiring lessons each and every time.
English Teaching Team Profile:
- Director of Smart Stars Tuition Ltd.
- Current Teacher of English and a former Head of Department for A Level English Literature
- Twelve years' experience of teaching English across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
- Current A Level Examiner for English Literature with 11 previous years' experience in examination marking.
- Senior Teacher Trainer for Suffolk and Norfolk SCITT Salaried PGCE
Availability and Times:
We are currently fully booked but a waiting list is in process. Please email email@example.com to secure the next available slot.
English lessons currently run weekday evenings with two slots to choose from:
Session 1: 4.30pm - 5.30pm
Session 2: 5.45pm - 6.45pm